Team Leader/Site Forman – soft landscape/green team
Espaso Verde are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Soft Landscape Team Leader to join our team. As the Soft Landscape Team Leader, you will be responsible for leading a team of landscapers and ensuring that all soft landscaping projects are completed to the highest standards of quality.
- Lead and manage a team of soft landscapers, including scheduling, resource allocation, and task assignment
- Ensure that all soft landscaping work is completed safely, efficiently, and to the highest standards of quality
- Manage and maintain all tools, equipment, and materials used by the team
- Work with the Designers/Operations Manager to develop project schedules and timelines
- Ensure that all work is completed within the project budget and on schedule
- Communicate project status, progress, and issues to the project manager and other team members, Daily recording of site activity.
- Train team members on proper soft landscaping techniques, equipment operation, and safety procedures
- Oversee and participate in the soft landscaping work, including obtaining relevant heights and levels, preparation of garden and lawn areas, planting, mulching, turfing, pruning trimming as required.
- Ensure that all work meets client needs and expectations
- Maintain a safe and organised work environment
- Conduct regular safety meetings and inspections
- Assisting with quantifying works completed for monthly payment claims
- Undertaking landscape labouring work
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in soft landscaping and 1 in a leadership role.
Knowledge of soft landscaping techniques, equipment, and materials, excellent plant knowledge.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and manage a team of landscapers
- Ability to read and interpret landscape plans and specifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with project managers, designers, clients, and team members
- Knowledge of safety procedures and regulations related to soft landscaping work
- Ability to operate and maintain landscaping equipment
- Full driver’s license
We offer competitive compensation packages, flexible scheduling, and opportunities for growth within the company.
The Soft Landscape Team Leader is a critical role in the successful completion of soft landscaping projects. This position requires a high level of technical knowledge, strong leadership skills, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. If you have a passion for soft landscaping and are looking for an exciting and challenging role, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you.